Note: This only applies to therapists who joined Heard after January 8th, 2024
Tax season can be overwhelming for therapists juggling busy schedules and complex finances. Consider this your Guide to Annual Taxes with Heard. This comprehensive guide outlines the important tasks you’ll need to complete to ensure an on-time and accurate filing with Heard. From onboarding to filing, our dedicated team is here to support you every step of the way.
Important Filing Timeline:
Give yourself plenty of time to complete the below tasks by their due date. If any of these tasks are not completed by their date, we’ll be required to file an extension on your behalf.
By February 15th, 2024
Gather and submit your bookkeeping documents (estimated time is 30-60 minutes).
For a comprehensive overview of the required documents, please see the article Completing your 2023 Bookkeeping for On-Time Tax Filing:
- Connect your bank account designated for your business to Heard.
- Upload bank statements for all business bank accounts from Jan 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023, or all months for which the bank account was open.
- Upload your Income or Deposit Reports from EHR/EMR/Credit Card processor.
- If you use a payroll provider, upload your 2023 Form W3 and Contractor Payment Report.
By March 15th, 2024
Close out your 2023 bookkeeping (estimated time is 30-60 minutes):
- Review any outstanding transactions flagged by Heard, add in any missing business or expense transactions, and check your final numbers for tax accuracy and to maximize deductions.
By April 1st, 2024
You complete your Personal Tax Checklist (estimated time is 30 minutes):
- Confirm your business, financial, and personal information, fill us in on any big changes in 2023, and answer a few questions about your personal expenses.
- Upload relevant tax forms. Based on your answers you will be asked to upload relevant to you tax documents