It’s important that you pay your Quarterly Estimated Tax (QTE) each and every quarter. If you skip paying federal QTEs, you may be subject to an underpayment penalty and interest from the IRS. Once you’ve made your payment, it’s also important that you upload your confirmation of payment to Heard.
If you did not keep a copy of your IRS confirmation of payment, you may access it again on the IRS website and by following our step-by-step article How do I find my quarterly tax payment receipt?
To upload your quarterly tax payment receipt to Heard:
- Login to your Heard account
- Click Taxes
- Click Quarterly
- Click Payment History tab
- Select the appropriate “Quarter”
- Select appropriate Tax: Federal or State
- Click Update Payment
- If you have submitted your quarterly tax payment: Click Yes
- Enter the amount paid and date of payment
- Click + Upload Receipt button
- From the pop-up Click Select Documents button
- Attach a copy of your Confirmation of Payment, then Click Upload
- Click Update
The payment amount, payment date and receipt will now appear on your Quarterly Taxes Payment History. You can repeat this process for Federal and State taxes.