The Washington Business & Occupation Tax (B&O) is a gross receipts tax. It is measured on the value of products, gross proceeds of sale, or gross income of the business.
Washington, unlike many other states, does not have an income tax. Washington’s B&O tax is calculated on the gross income from activities. This means there are no deductions from the B&O tax for labor, materials, taxes, or other costs of doing business.
All information can be found here.
Important Things to Note
- Based on the Tax Classifications list, we believe you fall under Physicians based on the personal services you provide listed on WAC 458-20-138
- Annual returns are due April 15
- Monthly returns are due on 25th of the following month
- Quarterly returns are due by the end of the month following the close of the quarter
- Instructions on how to file will be sent to you when you've registered your business - read them here.
- Use your prior year total therapy income from your Profit & Loss. You can find this by navigating to Your Business > Profit & Loss > Filter for the prior year.
If you have any other questions, please check out Washington State's website.